Skip the unhealthy crust and jump onto the cauliflower pizza craze. This combination of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, marinara sauce and basil will remind you of the pizza you ate growing up and make you forget that the crust is made out of cauliflower. Plus, you get to avoid all the processed ingredients found in most pizza crust.
This is what the crust looks like before you cook it.
Seriously though, drool at this combination of toppings, cheese and spices.Ingredients:
1 medium cauliflower head, cut into florets (or 1 bag cauliflower florets)
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
4 cloves garlic, crushed with a garlic press (or finely chopped)
¼ tsp. dried oregano
Garlic Lovers Flavorgod Seasoning (optional)
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
Nonstick cooking spray
¾ cup marinara sauce, no sugar added
4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup red bell peppers
1/4 cup orange bell peppers
1/4 cup yellow bell peppers
1/4 cup broccoli
Fresh basil leaves
Bonus: add cooked chicken and a little bit more Parmesan cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
3. Place half of cauliflower in food processor/blender; pulse until cauliflower forms a paste or looks like cauliflower rice.
3. Add remaining cauliflower; pulse until cauliflower is smooth-ish.
4. Combine cauliflower, garlic, oregano, flavorgod seasoning, shredded mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and eggs in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Place cauliflower mixture on a 12-inch pizza pan (or baking sheet) that is lightly coated with spray. Press down mixture until it’s medium thickened . Bake for 20 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Top crust evenly with pizza sauce, sliced mozzarella cheese, and veggies (add chicken and Parmesan too) . Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until pizza sauce is bubbly.
7. Top with basil. Cut into 8 slices (or 4 if you like to eat a lot like me).
Seriously though, drool at this combination of toppings, cheese and spices.
21 Day Fix Portions: about 1 green, 1 blue per 1 slice (out of 8).
Blog post used with Authors permission.
Leave a Reply.
Hi everyone! I'm Amir Cannon (Instagram @amircannon) I first started meal prepping after seeing a post on the Instagram fitness page from @eatcleanbro. It's been a part of my normal life since then. My 9-5 is in manufacturing, but I spend my free time staying fit, meal prepping and managing the @mealprepdaily Instagram page.